Mandarin Teacher FAQ

Q: Which SFUSD schools need Mandarin-speaking teachers?
Q: Where are SFUSD jobs posted online?
Q: Are substitute teaching positions available?
A: Yes. Mandarin-speaking substitute teachers are especially needed. Contact each principal to get on their substitute teacher lists.

NOTE: It’s a good idea to send your resume to the principals listed above to keep on file for openings.

Q: What are the requirements for an immersion teacher?
  • US citizenship, green card or applicable visa.
  • California teaching credential.
  • Bilingual Authorization in Mandarin-English (formerly known as a BCLAD certificate).
NOTE: It is possible to apply for a teaching position while concurrently working towards a Bilingual Authorization. You should discuss this with the hiring principal.

Q: Can the San Francisco Unified School District help with visa applications?
A: Not at this time.

Q: How can I get a Bilingual Authorization or BCLAD?